– To heal his flesh a Jew should take dust that lies within the shadow of an outdoor toilet, mix with honey and eat it.” (Gittin 69a)
– Adam had sexual intercourse with all the animals in the Garden of Eden.” (Yebamoth 63a)
– Agriculture is the lowest of occupations. (Yebamoth 63a)
– A Jew may marry a three year old girl (specifically, three years “and a day” old). (Sanhedrin 55b)
– A Jew may have sex with a child as long as the child is less than nine years old. (Sanhedrin 54b)
“When a grown-up man has intercourse with a little girl it is nothing.” (Kethuboth 11b)
– A woman who had intercourse with a beast is eligible to marry a Jewish priest. A woman who has sex with a demon is also eligible to marry a Jewish priest. (Yebamoth 59b)
– There is not a whore in the world that the Talmudic sage Rabbi Eleazar has not had sex with. (Abodah Zarah 17a)
– No rabbi can ever go to hell. (Hagigah 27a)
– A rabbi debates God and defeats Him. God admits the rabbi won the debate. (Baba Mezia 59b)
– The Rabbis taught: “On coming from a privy (outdoor toilet) a man should not have sexual intercourse till he has waited long enough to walk half a mile, because the demon of the privy is with him for that time; if he does, his children will be epileptic.” (Gittin 70a)
– “The school of Shammai held that a man should not divorce his wife unless he has found her guilty of some sexual misconduct, while the school of Hillel say he may divorce her even if she has merely spoiled a dish for him. Rabbi Akiba says he may divorce her even if he simply finds another woman more beautiful than she” (Gittin 90a-B).
– To heal the disease of pleurisy (“catarrh”) a Jew should “take the excrement of a white dog and knead it with balsam, but if he can possibly avoid it he should not eat the dog’s excrement as it loosens the limbs.” (Gittin 69b)
– It is forbidden for dogs, women or palm trees to pass between two men, nor may others walk between dogs, women or palm trees. Special dangers are involved if the women are menstruating or sitting at a crossroads. (Pesahim 111a)
– A Jewish man is obligated to say the following prayer every day: Thank you God for not making me a gentile, a woman or a slave. (Menahoth 43b-44a)
– “Our Rabbis taught …if a menstruant woman passes between two (men), if it is at the beginning of her menses she will slay one of them, and if it is at the end of her menses she will cause strife between them” (BPes. 111a.)
– The Talmud has recorded several specific actions by wives which obliged their husbands to divorce them: “If she ate in the street, if she drank greedily in the street, if she suckled in the street, in every case Rabbi Meir says that she must leave her husband” (Git. 89a).
– The Talmud has also made it mandatory to divorce a barren wife (who bore no children in a period of ten years): “Our Rabbis taught: If a man took a wife and lived with her for ten years and she bore no child, he shall divorce her” (Yeb. 64a).
– “How can a woman have anything; whatever is hers belongs to her husband? What is his is his and what is hers is also his… Her earnings and what she may find in the streets are also his. The household articles, even the crumbs of bread on the table, are his. Should she invite a guest to her house and feed him, she would be stealing from her husband…” (San. 71a, Git. 62a)
According to a Jewish practice – if one man dies leaving no offspring behind, then the 2nd brother of the deceased husband takes her to wife, to give her his seed. But when he fails and dies, the 3rd takes her on; and so on and so on. Not sure if they still practising that now a days.
Evangelist dittos Jews
Josh Mc Dowell, described as a graduate of Wheaton College and magna cum laude graduate of Talbot Theological Seminary, and who is reputed to have spoken to more than five million students and faculty at over 550 universities in 53 countries, seems to have done more research than the whole galaxy of Biblical scholars, on the subject of the Jewish Talmud regarding the birth of his “Lord.”
In his book – “Evidence that Demands a Verdict,” just to prove that Jesus was not a myth but a historical person, he quotes extensively from the Jewish Talmud without any inhibitions. I give you below a few brief excerpts from pages 85/86 of his book:
“Tol’doth Yeshu. Jesus is referred to as ‘ben pandera.’” (son of Pandera. A Roman soldier alleged by the Jews to have raped Mary to produce her illegitimate offspring. (God forbid!) May He forgive us for even reproducing such blasphemies.)
Yeb. IV 3; 49a:
“R. Shimeon ben Azzai said (concerning Jesus): ‘I found a genealogical roll in Jerusalem wherein was recorded, such-an-one is a bastard of an adulteress.’”
Joseph Klausner adds to the above: “Current editions of the Mishnah, add: ‘to support the words of R. Yehoshua’ (who in the same Mishnah, says: What is a bastard? everyone whose parents are liable to death by the beth din), that Jesus is here referred to seems to be beyond doubt…” 5/35.
Jewish Rabbis listed nine curses inflected on women
“To the woman He gave nine curses and death:
1. The burden of the blood of menstruation
2. The blood of virginity;
3. The burden of pregnancy;
4. The burden of childbirth;
5. The burden of bringing up the children;
6. Her head is covered as one in mourning;
7. She pierces her ear like a permanent slave or slave girl who serves her master;
8. She is not to be believed as a witness; and
9. After everything death.”
Jewish men daily prayer
To the present day, orthodox Jewish men in their daily morning prayer recite “Blessed be God King of the universe that Thou has not made me a woman.”
The women, on the other hand, thank God every morning for “making me according to Thy will.”
Another prayer found in many Jewish prayer books: “Praised be God that he has not created me a gentile. Praised be God that he has not created me a woman. Praised be God that he has not created me an ignoramus.”
Jewish Rabbis made it an obligation on Jewish men to produce offspring in order to propagate the race. At the same time, they did not hide their clear preference for male children: “It is well for those whose children are male but ill for those whose are female”, “At the birth of a boy, all are joyful… at the birth of a girl all are sorrowful”, and “When a boy comes into the world, peace comes into the world… When a girl comes, nothing comes.”
A daughter is considered a painful burden, a potential source of shame to her father:
“Your daughter is headstrong? Keep a sharp look-out that she does not make you the laughing stock of your enemies, the talk of the town, the object of common gossip, and put you to public shame” (Ecclesiasticus 42:11).
“Keep a headstrong daughter under firm control, or she will abuse any indulgence she receives. Keep a strict watch on her shameless eye, do not be surprised if she disgraces you” (Ecclesiasticus 26:10-11).
Unclean impure woman!
Jewish laws and regulations concerning menstruating women are extremely restrictive. The Old Testament considers any menstruating woman as unclean and impure. Moreover, her impurity “infects” others as well. Anyone or anything she touches becomes unclean for a day:
“When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean. Whoever touches her bed must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Whoever touches anything she sits on must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Whether it is the bed or anything she was sitting on, when anyone touches it, he will be unclean till evening” (Lev. 15:19-23).
Why were the female members of the family considered part of the family estate? Rabbi Epstein has the answer: “They are owned – before marriage, by the father; after marriage, by the husband.”
The Biblical rules of inheritance are outlined in Numbers 27:1-11. A wife is given no share in her husband’s estate, while he is her first heir, even before her sons. A daughter can inherit only if no male heirs exist. A mother is not an heir at all while the father is. Widows and daughters, in case male children remained, were at the mercy of the male heirs for provision. That is why widows and orphan girls were among the most destitute members of the Jewish society.
“If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds something indecent about her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, and if after she leaves his house she becomes the wife of another man, and her second husband dislikes her and writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, or if he dies, then her first husband, who divorced her, is not allowed to marry her again after she has been defiled” (Deut. 24:1-4).
“If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death” (Lev. 20:10).
“If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel” (Deut. 22:22).